Fixing ear defender

One of the three ear defenders in the studio has been broken for a while now. Even though there’s been an attempt to repair the headphones with “there, I fixed it“-aesthetics, I figured it was time to do it properly and 3D print a replacement part. First I saw this as a good opportunity to learn FreeCad, but after several failed attempts to get an image as a background for reference, I decided to go back to my comfort zone and remodel the broken part in software I’m more familiar with. After making two small test fit parts I managed to print a working replacement part on the first go.

Thingiverse link & Grabcad link

 

45 thoughts on “Fixing ear defender

  1. Hello there, I do believe your web site may be having web browser compatibility problems.
    Whenever I take a look at your website in Safari,
    it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Besides that, excellent website!

  2. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
    and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and
    I hope you write again very soon!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *