Update

Since publishing (and well… also before) the nest-lamp I’ve been working on some other stuff. I improved the proto

Sine texturing

I’m learning to use programming for making textures which can be influenced (by fading and so on). Still experimenting a bit with it.

I documented and explained how to do some of this stuff on instructables. Check it out on this link.

It happened

I finally got to making an instructable about how to make a Nest lamp. With the support from Cultuurplatform design I was able

Jigsaw Puzzle generator

After going through the trouble of making a Jigsaw puzzle by drawing curves by hand I figured it would be much more easy to make a grasshopper definition that would generate curves according to size and dimensions. I tested it on the lasercutter and it seems to work fine, except you need to export and save in an other program if you’d like to cut it using a pdf-file. Otherwise you end up with crappy lines (rhinoceros and pdfs don’t get along apparently).

 Github link

Nest revival

After a few years of having this project in my portfolio but never having worked upon it, I finally found some time to further

What I’ve been up to.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been experimenting with the cnc mill of fablab Genk, making samples and trying out differen

Trying, failing, adjusting

I’ve been doing some experimenting at Fablab Genk on cnc milling, lasercutting and writing Gcode, showing the importance

Converting Gcode generator from Shopbot to Colinbus

Back in Belgium and lots of arranging going on. Also, I converted the gcode postprocessor so it writes gcode for the Colinbus

Gcode & CNC experiments

Some experiments with writing gcode inside Grasshopper, based upon research and examples of Jens Dyvik and others.

More information on my blog: 1, 2 & 3

Github links: 1 & 2

I now documented and explained how to do some of this stuff on instructables. Check it out on this link.